Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Technology for Catholic Musicians

Originally posted at GrapeVine online - GVonline.net

I don't think anyone reading this blog will argue with the fact that technology is fast becoming a major part of the music realm. Besides just music creation, technology is fast becoming an integral part of the marketing of music. From sites like Facebook and MySpace that allow you to connect to your listeners to blogs, emails, and podcasts many artists are overwhelmed, thinking that you need a computer science degree just to make an album, play a concert, and go on tour.

Well, I do have a computer science degree. I'm also an IT analyst, a musician, a podcaster, a Catholic and I'm here to help. My passion has always been to help people use technology to solve their daily problems. My job doesn't always allow me to do this, so I'm offering my talents to artists here through GrapeVine. I'm not saying I have all the technology answers, but I hope that I have enough skill and enough know how to find the answers that need to be found.

If you want to pick my brain about anything technology, feel free. Want to know what the difference between PHP and Python is? Just ask. Looking to buy a new computer? I'll do my best to tell you what to look for.

Start by emailing your questions to techqa@gvonline.net. I'll keep all inquiries anonymous so no one feels that they're asking a "dumb" question. The truth is that for every question you think is trivial - many people are probably asking the same thing.

No comments: